If you want to look great, it’s best to keep up with the trends in fashion. But for those who don’t have enough money yet, you don’t need to spend a lot for clothes and shoes. After all, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to fashion.
Here are five ways to look fashionable:
- Look neat and clean. The first step to looking good is to always look neat and clean. People will look up to you if you look tidy and respectable. What you can do is to keep your clothes neat and clean (stain-free, wrinkle-free) and make sure that your shoes are polished or clean before you go out of your house. Try to take good care of your clothes by washing them properly.
- Wear clothes that suit your body type. Always make sure that what you wear fits your body. Otherwise, you might look bad. Avoid ill-fitting clothes such as pants which are too long or too loose, skirts that are too tight or jackets that are too small or too big on you. Take note that sizes vary for different brands of clothing so you have to try on clothes before buying them. Buy clothes that suit your body type so that they would look good on you.
- Avoid overdoing trends. Keeping up with the trend is good but just don’t overdo it. They key word here is ‘moderation.’ You can try to experiment with fads but make sure that you don’t look bad. Don’t saturate your wardrobe with only one fashion style.
- Wear colors that suit your skin tone. Know your skin color and try to find the best wardrobe that would complement it. Avoid putting up loud colors like neon green altogether. You can try to wear bright hues on the lower part of your body instead of the upper part. This way, your face will be emphasized better.
- Finally, take note of the following don’ts in fashion: Don’t wear denim from head to toe, don’t wear sneakers with hose, don’t wear black velvet during summer, don’t overuse a single fabric, don’t match your makeup with your wardrobe, avoid wearing very big costume jewelry, and don’t ever let your panty lines show!
These are just some of the things you need to remember to keep yourself looking good! More than likely, if we feel good we look good!
Lauren’s goal is to make finding a Student Credit Card easy to those in and out of college.