Studio apartments can be a decorating challenge because they are basically just an open space which will play host to a variety of day-to-day activities such as sleeping, cooking, entertaining, and sometimes working.
Here are 8 tips to help you make your space stylish and functional:
1. Focus on storage. You’re going to need lots of stash points and cubby holes for your belongings if you wish to keep things looking neat, tidy, and uncluttered. Look for pieces that serve dual purposes such as ottomans that open up to store blankets/throws.
2. Use containers in practical ways. Items such as wicker baskets in a variety of shapes and sizes, and antique trunks are great for storing anything and everything and they’re fantastic decorative touches as well.
3. Use mirrors to direct the light and elude to larger spaces. Strategically placed mirrors can open up a small space, making it feel larger and airier. If you’re design sense is modern, tables or other pieces made of glass and metal create visual expansion.
4. Don’t go nuts with window coverings. Covering every window with curtains and blinds will only serve to make your space feel dark and crowded. Let windows remain bare when practical, and use sheer draperies that diffuse natural light.
5. Arrange furniture to create “rooms”. Think dedicated areas for specific activities such as your bed and dresser in one grouping and your couch and coffee table in another. Daybeds and futons are excellent choices for studio apartments as they function as seating during the day and a place to sleep at night.
6. Create a focal point. If you have a fireplace (lucky you!), accentuate it, and if you don’t have a static focal point then create one by painting a single wall a shade that contrasts and complements the others. Place your bookshelves or entertainment center against the contrast wall and decorate it with eye catching pieces.
7. Wage war on clutter. As mentioned previously, clutter in a small space just won’t do. Too many “collectibles” or small knick-knacks will make your space feel crowded and uncomfortable. Keep as many things as possible stowed away such as your small kitchen applicances (coffee maker, blender, toaster etc.) which can be kept behind doors in cabinets.
8. Use stark white paint or other light colors to open up your space. Study the elements of Scandinavian design for ideas and inspiration.
Decorating a studio apartment in such a way as to keep it stylish, comfortable, and functional can be a challenge. Call upon your imagination and keep these tips in mind to create your perfect space.
from Ephedra Outlet to your routine. They can help maximize your results!